Household products often possess some unbelievable
health benefits. Rice water, for example, is one of nature’s beauty secrets. We usually throw away the water after the rice is done, but what we should really do is keep it and use it for our skin.
It is rich in vitamins and minerals which are great for the skin and hair. Read this article to learn how to prepare the rice water and see some of its beauty benefits.
1. Rice water preparation: Boil some organic rice in water and pour the excess water in a glass jar once done. Cover it and put it in the fridge to cool it down. When cold, you can use the rice water on your hair and skin.
2. Rice water improves the quality of hair: Shampoo your hair usually, then rub some rice water on your hair. Leave it to work for a couple of minutes then wash it away. This way, your hair will be smoother and shinier thanks to the proteins that will fill the cracks.
3. Rice water improves the skin: Wash your face clean with lukewarm water. Take a cotton pad and dip it in some rice water, then apply it all over your face. This will tighten your pores and bring a glow to your face.
Rice water acts as a lotion and has UV-absorbing properties. Our skin tends to form a layer of copper on it, but rice water binds this formation and prevents hyper-pigmentation and age spots.
4. Treats skin irritation and inflammation: Prepare some rice water and take a bath in it for at least 15 minutes every day. This remedy will cure rashes and prevent inflammation on the skin.
5. An excellent acne healer: Soak a cotton pad in rice water and apply it on the affected area. This will treat the acne and reduce the inflammation.
6. Treats eczema: Apply some rice water on the area
affected by eczema. Repeat the treatment until you see the results. Rice water’s starch contents are highly
effective against eczema.
7. Cures diarrhea: Pour some rice water in a glass and add a pinch of salt. Drink this solution to cure diarrhea quickly and easily.
8. Starching of white clothes: Soak your white clothes in some diluted rice water. Leave them for a couple of minutes then wash them usually.
As you can see, rice water has amazing health benefits. It is rich in 8 essential amino acids that can help muscles regenerate and the carbohydrates content will give you a boost in energy. When you cook rice the next time, you will think twice before throwing the rice water away.